Frequently Asked Questions
Returns and refunds on standard items
If an order is cancelled prior to dispatch, we will charge a 10% administration fee.
If you’d like to return your purchased item, you are most welcome to but note that delivery and collection charges will be for your account. Please see below for Signature Collection terms and conditions.
Cape Town: R75 (each way)
Gauteng: R75 (each way)
Port Elizabeth: R150 (each way)
East London: R150 (each way)
Durban: R150 (each way)
All towns further afield carry a standard delivery charge of R250. These charges are not applicable to flooring freight.
Please note that items arriving after the 10 working day return deadline will not be accepted and will be returned to sender. If goods aren’t returned in the same condition they were sent out in, we reserve the right to withhold refund. Return requests will be approved at the discretion of Airloom. Products must be returned in their original packaging and will not be eligible for return if they have been damaged. To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Refunds are offered in the original method of payment. Refunds take up to 5 working days to process. EFT and credit card refunds will take 2-3 working days to reflect in your account due to the bank.
If a product is out of stock or cannot be supplied for some reason, Airloom reserves the right to cancel the order and refund the payment.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Gift Cards/vouchers are not refundable.
Returns and refunds on custom made/custom size items
As these are made to order, we cannot accept returns/exchanges on these items. As these products are hand-finished, please allow for a marginal size variation.
Terms and Conditions for The Signature Collection (from hereon referred to as 'Voke'):
- All prices include Value Added Tax (‘VAT’).
- As exchange rates fluctuate continuously, Voke Rugs reserves the right to change prices from time to time without prior notification.
- Official order numbers / names must be quoted on all orders.
- All back orders are subject to the price ruling at the time of delivery.
- Delivery dates for goods are approximate and Voke Rugs cannot be held responsible for any delays.
- Items cannot be returned after thirty (30) days from the date of invoice, unless the product becomes defective within six (6) months from the date of invoice, having regard for its general intended purpose and normal use.
- No credits (price differences etc.) will be passed after thirty (30) days from the date of the original invoice.
- No quality complaints can be accepted six (6) months after the date of invoice.
- No returns will be accepted without a valid reason given in writing and approval from the sales manager or other employee authorised by Voke Rugs.
- No returns will be accepted without a copy of the original invoice.
- Rugs with a width variation of +/- 3% cannot be returned for credit.
- Credits can only be passed once the central distribution centre has received the item and the required documentation, and an inspection is completed to ensure the item is in its original condition.
- A handling fee will be charged on all returned items, unless otherwise agreed. The handling fee for rugs is R400.00 per rug.
- Dye-lot variations occur in all rugs and are unavoidable. The customer must examine the product against its general intended purpose and normal use before accepting delivery thereof.
- No returned goods will be accepted unless a Voke Rugs sales consultant or manager views the complaint and approves the return.
- Voke Rugs cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage suffered by a customer as a result of a product having been incorrectly cleaned or handled.
- No claims will be accepted if rugs have been chemically treated after purchase.
- Voke Rugs will not accept any responsibility for rugs fading as a result of exposure to harsh sunlight. Fading as a result of exposure to sunlight will be accepted as fair wear and tear in line with the normal end use for which the rug is generally intended.
- We reserve the right to refuse any return in line with the abovementioned terms.
- Voke Rugs will not be held responsible for any consequential loss as a result of a defective or hazardous product.
- The Voke Rugs return policy does not apply to items bought during a SALE.
For goods to be credited, a customer needs to supply us with the following documentation:
A copy of invoice.
- Proof of return (signed copy of delivery note).
- Written reason for return, signed off by a Voke Rugs representative.
- Name of the Voke Rugs contact person who approved the credit.
- The refund will be made in the same tender as the original payment.
- Credit card holder must be present for exchange / returns.
- For goods to be credited, the item has to be returned:
- In its original packaging.
- With the price ticket attached (retail).
These terms and conditions do not affect our statutory legal rights.
Is the colour on my screen accurate?
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, due to potential colour differences among computer monitors and operating systems, we cannot guarantee that the colour you see on your screen is a true indication of the finished product. Swatch colours represented on the website may differ from the actual product.
How do I check on the status of my order?
If you are concerned about the status of your order, please email email@example.com or phone 021 932 6318 for order status.
The item I’m looking for is out of stock. How do I go about ordering it?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re struggling to order the item you want. It’s likely that we’re temporarily out of stock, in which case we can let you know when we’ll be receiving more, and even reserve one for you.
What payment methods are available?
Credit card: VISA & Mastercard. We use Payfast as our payment gateway.
Direct Bank transfer
For more information on what is required to process a payment, proceed to checkout, select your desired option and follow the instructions. Please ensure that payment is made within 48 hours of your purchase (whether offline or online) as we cannot hold stock indefinitely. If we do not receive payment within 48 hours, we will deem the sale as cancelled.
Airloom is primarily an online retailer, but also distributes through several physical retail stores around the country. The service we offer is a door-to-door service, which means that the shipment is delivered to the address not the person. i.e. If the person is not available it can be left with anyone at that address e.g. security, staff, reception, etc. It is mandatory to leave a telephone or mobile number for us to contact you during delivery hours.
We ship nationally within South Africa, excluding PO Boxes, farms and rural areas.
All goods in transit are insured.
Please note that our products carry a 6 month warranty that consumers may exercise in the case of flawed product. After this period, we cannot entertain returns/exchanges or refunds.
Can I collect my purchases?
Yes, you are welcome to bring your Collection Form with you to our Cape Town and Jo’burg retail spaces:
CT: Airloom Studio in the Palms Lifestyle Centre (145 Sir Lowry Rd, Zonnebloem, Cape Town). Follow the signs from the 2nd floor West Wing elevators.
Contact number: 021 932 6318
Operating hours Tues – Fri 9:30 – 16:00, Sat 9:00 - 13:00
JHB: We have a limited selection at ROOM, Village Green shopping centre, 127 Greenway Rd, Greenside, Johannesburg
Contact number: 011-4861313
Operating hours Mon – Fri 9 am – 5.30 pm, Sat 9 am – 2 pm.
What are the delivery charges?
For purchases over R1000, please note the following deliver charges:
Cape Town: R75
Port Elizabeth: R150
East London: R150
For purchases under R1000, please note the following delivery charges:
Cape Town: R125
Port Elizabeth: R200
East London: R200
Note that these charges are not applicable to flooring freight.
All towns further afield carry a standard delivery charge of R250. We do not deliver to farms and rural areas – please provide a delivery address within your closest town. If you are returning goods, please note that the delivery will be for your account.
How long does delivery take?
We mostly hold stock in our warehouse, which means you’ll be able to get your order quicker (typically under 5 working days). Some of our products are made to order, in which case we are unable to secure stock and shipping will take longer. The Estelle Jute range, for example, is made to order and will take approximately 2 weeks. Please email email@example.com or phone 021 932 6318 for order status.